最後に↓をポチっとお願いします♪
にほんブログ村
Hello. I’m Yasui Shacho, and I run a company primarily engaged in the inspection of high-pressure gas facilities.
My recommended way to enjoy books by listening is Audible. They have quite a good selection of books these days.
Sign up here → Amazon Audible
Yesterday and today, we conducted an internal inspection of piping and valves.
Perhaps I had arranged for too many people, because everything was finished, including painting, and we were able to have our partner company head home at around 2 p.m.
The test run also went smoothly, which was a real relief.
We should never forget to think about how we can create more value for our customers.
How can we make things more convenient for them?
How can we be more useful?
These are questions we should always be asking ourselves.
Anyway, putting that aside for a moment.
When I spoke with one of our partner companies previously, I asked something along the lines of:
“Would it be possible for us to ask you to handle the arrangements as well in the future?”
What surprised me was that the response I received was, unexpectedly, something like:
“I don't really want to do that very much.”
That was quite surprising to me.
When you are simply providing manpower to support work at a site, you don't have to deal with all the preparation and arrangements, so it's relatively easy—or at least, the burden is fairly small.
Of course, because the burden is smaller, the revenue isn't particularly large either.
So I had assumed that if I offered them a contract-based job instead, they would be happy about it.
But when I actually asked them, that wasn't the case.
We had previously asked them to take on construction work on a contract basis, so I wondered if inspection and maintenance work might be the same.
Apparently, it isn't.
Hearing that made me realize something.
There is a real need for companies like ours to manage the site, coordinate the various parties, and act as a bridge between the customer and the people actually carrying out the work.
For companies like ours that sit somewhere in the middle, the way we coordinate things so that everyone involved can work smoothly can determine whether the entire job proceeds efficiently.
For example, we can identify bottlenecks in the schedule and remove them as much as possible before they become problems.
If that is the role we are going to play, then we need to become the kind of company that makes things more convenient for our customers simply by being involved.
At the same time, we want our partner companies to think:
“If it's one of their sites, I'd be happy to work there again.”
Something that initially surprised me actually helped me recognize our own role and why our company exists.
Being useful to everyone involved.
That's something I want to think about and put into practice from here on.
Thank you very much for reading this far!
See you next time!
Finally, please click the button below♪
To the Management Blog on Blogmura
Blogmura
