にほんブログ村
Hello, I'm Yasui, president of a company specializing in the inspection of high-pressure gas equipment.
Here are three books I highly recommend.
1. Nihon Kokuki (A History of Japan) by Naoki Hyakuta
This book explains Japanese history from ancient times in an easy-to-understand way. Since it also includes the author's own perspectives, it is an excellent introduction for gaining a broad understanding of Japan's history. I believe it will make you appreciate being born in Japan.
2. World History Even Elementary School Students Can Understand by Piyopiyo Sokuhou
History repeats itself. That's why I recommend learning not only Japanese history but world history as well. Start by understanding the big picture, then dive deeper into the topics that interest you. It makes history both enjoyable and meaningful.
3. Face Reality by Tadashi Yanai
In this book, the founder of UNIQLO explains what it truly means to "face reality." It's an excellent read for developing a broader, more objective perspective. Since Yanai is an avid reader of Peter Drucker's works, I believe his way of thinking is well worth learning from.
People often say, "A crisis is an opportunity."
Well... I've been in crisis for quite a while now.
Every now and then something happens that makes me think, "What on earth am I supposed to do now?" It isn't easy to find peace of mind. Still, by asking for advice, seeking help, and working together with others, I hope I can keep moving forward.
I truly feel that I've been helped by many people.
At the same time, I know I can't keep relying on others forever. If I want to continue moving forward, I have to learn to stand on my own feet. People won't always be there to rescue me.
What helps me the most is numbers.
Whether I'm preparing equipment, arranging personnel, or organizing resources, having everything expressed in numbers keeps me from panicking unnecessarily.
If I know the minimum numbers I need to maintain in order to avoid the worst-case scenario, I can stay much calmer. Those numbers become a clear boundary—a line I know I must never cross.
Before I could see those numbers, however, every day felt like a crisis.
There were nights when I could hardly sleep because I was overwhelmed with anxiety about work. When you're worried about something that's beyond your own ability to control, it's almost impossible to stop thinking about it.
Then one day I stopped and asked myself,
"Why am I so anxious?"
The answer was simple.
I was anxious because everything was vague.
So I looked back at how I had overcome difficulties in the past and tried to find patterns and principles that I could apply again. Once I turned uncertainty into something measurable, the path ahead became much clearer.
Of course, if someone already has a proven solution, it's perfectly fine to ask for help. But you can't always depend on that. Sometimes help isn't available, and giving up simply isn't an option.
A business that can survive only through heavy dependence on others carries a great deal of risk.
Think through what you can solve yourself, and leave the things outside your expertise to professionals. When you approach problems that way, a path forward naturally begins to appear.
When life is comfortable, we don't grow very much.
But when a crushing crisis arrives, there are really only two possibilities: you either fail, or you find a way to overcome it.
Those difficult moments force us to discover new perspectives, take on new challenges, and grow stronger.
Maybe that's exactly why people say,
"A crisis is an opportunity."
Thank you very much for reading!
See you next time!
If you enjoyed this article, please consider supporting my blog by clicking the button below.
